for a very cool meme. I'm grateful for
- The support from my parents to be able to go to conferences like CSUN.
- The simple joy of knowing which calls I've missed, setting up my own ring tones, and sending occasional text messages if I want.
- Friends who care enough about me to tag me in a meme and encourage me to think about good things like this.
- My Dad's willingness to let Julio sit with him on the plane, and let me not have a dog laying on my foot.
- My friends' acceptance of my need to do things slowly or differently because of pain.
- Friends who, without embarrassing me, distract me from being in pain.
- Friends who go to coffee with me at breakfast and give me the motivation to eat breakfast.
- Friends who will tell me stuff I don't want to hear, and not think less of me afterward.
- The wonderful servers at the hotel, who joked with me and made the effort to make me feel welcome at the hotel.
- The bar tender, who didn't have Ginger Ale at the bar, but went out of his way to find me some.
- The cool people I was able to meet this year, who accepted me.
- Having my BrailleNote looked at and repaired (minor stuff) quickly without any cost to me.
- The people who were happy to see me and gave me big hugs.
- Coming home and finding that it's warm outside.
- Dad eating at Noodles yesterday, even though it's not his favorite food.
- Julio's excellent work at the conference.
- The Clicker and how it's helped us.
- The excellent speakers I heard and met.
- The Starbucks in the hotel lobby; it helped me get up every morning.
- The kind people who got water (which is in the back of some session rooms), and found me a spot to sit.
- The chance to see friends I don't see enough.
- The kind instructor who let me try Dog Sim and said I followed the dog well. (Dog sim is like a guide dog harness mounted on a tricycle. The instructor pushes the harness from behind, and the blind person uses the harness handle. This lets the instructor more easily observe the student's reactions to a fake dog before pairing the team.)
- My friend who went through the exhibit hall and helped us make sense of all the companies there.
- The availability of Ginger Ale on the plane.
- Dad's blanket which protected my leg from the feeling of air blowing on it from the vents.
- The person at security yesterday who gave me my shoes back and let me put them on sitting on a chair.
- The betterinternet connection at school. (Anything's better than what we had at the hotel.)
- Having no class this morning because of some reason I'm not aware of.
- My nice comfy bed.
I notice that a lot of bloggers are busy right now, so I tag anyone, and everyone, who has time.