Who says using a slate and stylus for Braille can't pay off in more than one area of your life? Did you know your stylus can help you open packages? It's a great tool when your scissors seem to have walked off, and you need your LidoDerm, for example. Here's how to open a LidoDerm pack with a stylus:
- Find the corner of the LidoDerm pack, away from the patch.
- Carefully hold the pack so that your fingers are out of the way of where you'll be working, but so that they provide stability to the corner.
- Place stylus in the corner, about a quarter inch in, or just far enough to avoid the reinforced side of the package.
- Press down with the stylus until a hole is formed.
- Pull the stylus toward the side of the package, forming a slit.
- Use the slit as leverage to open the package.
- Ask a friend to help you find your scissors when it's not after quiet hours.