Nickie Coby (puppybraille) wrote,
Nickie Coby

Debates over driver's ed

In St. Cloud, MN, there is a
Debate about who should pay for sign language interpreters for driver's ed.

I've never been faced with a situation where my ability to participate in an activity was restricted because of the cost of providing the services or equipment I would need as accomodations. I find it very hard to believe that there isn't a good solution out there. for this situation. Aren't there grants for just this type of instance?

I wish I had a better knowledge of what's out there as far as these things are concerned. If it were Braille materials for something, you can probably find a volunteer organization that will help. But I'm not sure if there are groups or ineviduals who would offer their interpreting services for a reduced cost. Or what about a school hiring an instructor who is either deaf or hard of hearing or who is not but knows sign language very well?

It's much too late for me to have any good suggestions for this, but these are my initial thoughts.
Tags: disability related

  • Post a new comment


    default userpic
    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.